Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Confessions

I did not make this.


I've been wanting this giant cupcake pan for awhile now. When Cole was the one to suggest getting "this really big cupcake pan" I was all over it! He then ordered a frosting set to go along with it. I was thinking throw together a box cake, with some frosting from the store and walla. But he worked his mad kitchen skills and put together this homemade chocolate pound cake with homemade buttercream frosting. I found a favorite cake, and I never thought I would say that. I just don't normally care for cake. Anyways, my confession is that Cole is the best. He is always helping me clean up, constantly doing the dishes and cooking for us. He also taught me a sweet tip (for all of you that know him this falls under the random facts category - and it totally came in handy.) Sleep with your car keys handy so that if you hear something out of the ordinary you can set off the panic alarm on your car.

7 comments:

gina bina said...

What a stud! I love that pan. I haven't found a reason to justify it yet, but I'm so glad you did!

cathy said...

Nice-I love cake and cupcakes. So Cole likes to cook...never knew that. So how big is the actual cupcake?

j e s s i e said...

Gina, I forgot to mention that both of us commented on how talented you are while frosting this. Feel free to borrow it if ever needed.

Cathy, It's about 6 in. tall and wide. I got it at MIcheals. I know Roberts has it and Williams Sonoma.

Lisa Nielsen said...

That looks soooo good! What is Cole's recipe?! Also I love the car keys tip:) You guys need to post pics of your Halloween costumes...I so wish we could have been there!

Lindsey said...

Wow - I love it. I just want to eat it. Wish I had that cake pan. I always sleep with my car keys handy, especially when Jake's out of town. I feel like if I hear something I can push the alarm on my car and hopefully a neighbor will come to save me!

Natlee Lloyd said...

Sweet I always knew Cole had a secret Betty Crocker side to him!

Anonymous said...

...more like a sweet Martha Stewart side ;)